Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

Took it easy for the first part of the day. Finally got my home theatre system set up to a level I enjoy. The rear speakers and center speaker wouldn't work on the PS3, so I went into the settings and changed the HDMI audio function to Bitstream. Worked like a charm. Watched Sunshine on Blu-Ray and then watched 3 episodes of Star Trek Voyager with Walls and 5000.

Went to the Worthan party around 7pm with Jud and Walls in tow. Had some wonderful food and talked for a while before playing some volleyball. I thought I did pretty good this time and I thought that everyone did good. Maybe we're getting better with age? After the volleyball I drank some Orange Vodka, some Jaiger(sp?) and some girly Smirnoffs. Got a little buzz and chatted with the folks out on the patio. Had some interesting discussions about movies. Watched Walls get drunker and drunker until he finally vomited on the side of the house. Laughed when he came back to the patio. Finished the night with some deep political talk. I've mellowed out to this kind of argument. I would have put up a strong fight years ago, but I've come to realize that you can't change anyone's mind. It's impossible these days, so I just listen and sometimes throw my 2 cents in. I don't think anyone got mad, we're all friends here.

Finished the night by talking to Chip, Lil' Boshanks and Pitts in the driveway. Went home about 4 am and got up at 9am this morning.

And I'll be going to see Tom Waits at the Fox Theatre tonight!! Can't wait!! I'll post a set list after the concert!

No comments: