Friday, July 25, 2008
First - I made the blog invisible. Only I can read it. I didn't realize I had folks reading it that may get pissed off with me.
Second - My X-Box 360 Elite gave me the Red Ring of Death. Now I'm sending it back to get fixed.
Third - Mice! 7 in total so far.
Oh well. I did get to see the new X-Files movie last night. It was not great. The month of sci-fi watching is almost over too. Guess I need something new for August.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
The Dark Knight took a step from comic book movie to actual crime suspense. Nolan does a good job of getting alot from all of his characters. And, of course, Heath Ledger was great as The Joker!
No Watchmen trailer though...
Hellboy 2 used more comedy than the first and it works in the movie's favor. I spent most of the movie laughing my ass off! The bad guys are beautiful. Thank God Del Toro doesn't rely heavily on CGI and can give us these unique creatures.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
I've set up the living room of my house as a "man's" room. I've put up posters of The Terminator, Shaun of the Dead, Big Trouble in Little China, The Outlaw Josey Wales and Casablanca. I have a new 46' Sharp Aquos LCD 1080p TV and a LG Home Theater Surround Sound system with 5 disc DVD receiver. I even mounted the rear speakers in the back of the room! And I have my PS3 and XBox 360 hooked up. My roommate Patrick has his Nintendo Wii hooked up (yes, we have all 3 systems). Oh...I also let Marlena put up a Sex and the City poster, but I digress. So if you never, ever...ever see me, it's because I can't afford to do anything now. But I have a room that makes me happy!
Last night the Tripod (Marlena, Kelly and Rachel) went with their S/Os to the Tom Petty concert. Patrick called while Petty played Runnin Down a Dream and Marlena called as he did American Girl! Sounds like they had a pretty good time. I heard he even did some of the songs from the Mudcrutch album...that's pretty cool.
Hellboy 2 tonight!! I can't wait. I'm a huge fan of Guillermo Del Toro and Hellboy!! I have been anticipating this movie all summer...the initial reviews are good, so I'm happy.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Here's the setlist...
Lucinda / Take me down to the well (or was it Ain't Going Down to the Well?)
Down in the hole
All the world is green
Cause of it all / 'Til the money runs out
Such a scream
Black market baby
9th and Hennepin
Lie to me
On the nickel
Lost in the harbour
Innocent when you dream
Hoist that rag
Make it rain
Dirt in the ground
Get behind the mule
Hang down your head
Jesus gonna be here
Anywhere I lay my head
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Went to the Worthan party around 7pm with Jud and Walls in tow. Had some wonderful food and talked for a while before playing some volleyball. I thought I did pretty good this time and I thought that everyone did good. Maybe we're getting better with age? After the volleyball I drank some Orange Vodka, some Jaiger(sp?) and some girly Smirnoffs. Got a little buzz and chatted with the folks out on the patio. Had some interesting discussions about movies. Watched Walls get drunker and drunker until he finally vomited on the side of the house. Laughed when he came back to the patio. Finished the night with some deep political talk. I've mellowed out to this kind of argument. I would have put up a strong fight years ago, but I've come to realize that you can't change anyone's mind. It's impossible these days, so I just listen and sometimes throw my 2 cents in. I don't think anyone got mad, we're all friends here.
Finished the night by talking to Chip, Lil' Boshanks and Pitts in the driveway. Went home about 4 am and got up at 9am this morning.
And I'll be going to see Tom Waits at the Fox Theatre tonight!! Can't wait!! I'll post a set list after the concert!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
- The girlfriend/boyfriend/Significant Other/ husband/ wife - This outranks #2 just in the fact that you had a huge ceremony to spend all your time with this person.
- The Best Friend - Some of us have more than 1 of these. But most have singled it down to one person that they can tell everything too.
- The Friend - This is someone that you see a lot and share some secrets with, but maybe not everything.
- The Casual Friend - This is someone that you may not see very often, but when you get together you can talk for awhile. But you probably won't talk again for a while afterwards.
- The Mutual Friend - Someone that you meet through another friend. You can have fun with this person, but usually only when the other person that both of you know is around.
- The Long Lost Friend - Someone you may not see for years, but on a rare occasion you bump into and chat for a while.
- The Work Friend - This is someone that you are pretty close to at work. And you may even hang out after work and get dinner or a drink together. But let's face it, once one of you leave the job...you won't talk much.
- The Online Friend - Maybe you met this person through MySpace, Facebook or some online forum. You may share lots in common with this person, but you also fear that if you ever hung out with them in person...you may not share as much in common.
I have at least one of each of these. And all of these friendships are incredibly valuable to me. Of course I'm sure that most folks don't like to think of themselves as "long lost" or just the "mutual" friend, but that's just the way it is. And I know that some hate to be called the "online" friend...lol.
Well...those are my thoughts today. Short and simple as always. Be good!