Thursday, June 12, 2008

Starting out...
Starting out... Today...today...today you get to witness my foray into an everyday type of blog. I have to warn you that I don't have anything interesting to say, nor do I have interesting pictures to show. I will do my best to entertain you with sleight of hand or clever wordplay about nothing. Wannna know a little about me? No. Ok, let's do it anyways...I'm 32 years old and single. I used to think I was too old to be single. Now it seems that getting married at a later age is in. Who knows, who cares? I live at Lot 1 in Milner, Georgia. I'm on my 2nd tour of duty here. I've lived with at least 8 people, 3 dogs, 4 cats and 1 fish here. Now I have 3 roommates, 1 dog and 2 cats. One of the cats is not mine, but I treat him like he's mine.

I've worked at too many places that have closed down. Here's a list of jobs and how long I worked there...

Dundee Mills # 1 plant(later became Springs) - 5 1/2 years (closed down)
Amazon.com (McDonough Ga) - 2 1/2 years (closed down)
Footstar Inc. - 2 1/2 years (closed down)
Bunjee's Comics - 3 1/2 years - current

I have to say that I really enjoy working at Bunjee's. I get to talk with some interesting folks and hang out with friends there. Will I ever be rich working there...nope, but is life about money? I do miss working at Amazon.com though. I made pretty good money and had fun there. I was always amazed to ride up and down the aisles and see all the amazing stuff.

Which brings me to my hobbies! Prepare yourself for total geek explosion. I LOVE my DVD collection. I have around 1000 titles and I've just stepped into the Blu-Ray world. My favorite thing to do is watch movies. Maybe it's an escape from real life issues. I would ask my psychiatrist if I had one. Secondly, I collect comics. It's something I've done for over half my life. Another escape from real life issues? I do have a 1st appearance of the Punisher in Amazing Spider-man # 129!! So there! I also love Star Trek and Buffy the Vampire Slayer!! I hold this geek flag high.

After reading about my hobbies I'm sure you're thinking that I'm some sort of shut-in. This is incorrect. While I may not be on the bar/club scene, I do love to hang out with my friends. I get out a couple of times a week to eat out with friends and maybe see a movie.

That's a little about me. I'll try to keep this updated, so let's hope for more Mikeblog in the future!

No comments: