Saturday, February 28, 2009

Because everything changes

Lots of stuff going on lately.

Saturday February 21, 2009 - Went to the AMC BEST PICTURE SHOWCASE! For those that don't know it is when the AMC theatres play all 5 of the Best Picture Oscar nominees. Met Terri at her house at 9am and took off for Phipps Plaza in the ATL. Got some breakfast at the mall and actually got to bring it into the theatre! Got pretty good seats towards the back and started watching Milk at 10:30am! All of the movies played in one single theatre, so we got to keep our seats all day. Made friends with the folks around us and I even won two movie posters! One of The Reader and another of Slumdog Millionaire! Took a break in the middle (because I had seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and we ate lunch and fiddle around Atlanta and the Phipps Plaza.

The order of the movies...

10:30 a.m. - Milk
1:05 p.m. - The Reader
3:45 p.m. - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
7:15 p.m. - Slumdog Millionaire
9:45 p.m. - Frost/Nixon

Had an Oscar party-ish the next day and had a great time with folks that are really into the whole Oscar magic(lol). We even did a "fantasy Oscar league" that messed up, but we assume that Adam and Stacy tied for the win, eventhough 4 of us answered the same amount correct. But Adam and Stacy got the big categories, so the win was theirs. The Oscars were pretty good to. Hugh Jackman was surprisingly good as the host. I was on the Mickey Rourke bandwagon, too bad he lost. Sean Penn was good in Milk though, so I won't cry over my spilt milk(bad pun intended). Clark and his wife Rebecca made it to the party as well and hopefully had a great time. If you're reading this and have ITunes you should check out his podcast "The Sounds and Sights of Cinema" on the DVDVERDICT podcast list. He plays score music from movies and gives movie reviews...very cool stuff.

Patrick and Marlena have moved out of Lot 1. Now there's just 5000 and me. This will make paying rent pretty tough (eventhough our gracious landlords are helping us out by lowering the rent). I've got potential roommates, but no definites. And if it really gets out of hand I can just move in with Wes. I also realized that I need to buy more stuff. The house is empty!

I'm going to the Lucinda Williams concert at the Tabernacle tonight! I'm a big fan and I've seen her at the Variety Playhouse a few years ago. Unfortunately I was very sick that night, so this concert will be much better for me!

Well...February is ending. On to March!

No comments: