Saturday, November 8, 2008

What to feel?

Lately I've been on a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. I try to get the best out of everything and try even harder to have fun all of the time. But it seems to get harder to do the older I get. I feel as if I'm missing out on all the things that I should be doing. Society tells me that I'm a "loser", a single man in his 30's with a "job" not a career. And lately that's the way I've been feeling. And this hurts really bad...I've never let society or ANYONE make me feel bad about myself and I've never felt depressed. I'll shake off this feeling, but for today I'm gonna mope about it for a little while. I need something, but I just don't know what it is.

But I said UPS and downs. So let's talk ups!

My employer and one of my best friends Bill and his wife Terri (who I love to death and is also one of my greatest friends and is nicer to me than anyone should be allowed) adopted a little girl this past week!! She's beautiful and her name is Alison Grace! Terri came back with her yesterday and I'm going to see her tonight!

Halloween party! Had a blast at the halloween party at Wes and Jessica's house. It's always great to see friends. Even greater to see them drunk! I don't remember much about that night.

New friends! I've recently been hanging out with EJ and Ashley. They are very cool (i.e. - likes the same things as me) and easygoing people. I need to set up another horror movie night.

Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars" - I get misty eyed every time I hear this song. If I ever direct a film...this song will be in it.

Rock Band 2 - Just a fun game with great music.

Gears of War 2 - The new multiplayer game. I've enjoyed the little bit I've played so far. The Horde multiplayer option was amazing!

And last... A new president! Barack Obama will take over in January and I can't wait. This man offers us a change from the last 8 years. Not just a change but a GREAT change. I have faith in him and I hope he lives up to the potential that the voters saw in him.

No comments: